top of page
  • Stefani Sassos

Blogger Of The Month: Becca Kay

Our latest addition to the Stef Health Tips Blogger of the Month Family is the beautiful

photo 3 (1).jpg

Becca is our February 2015 Blogger of the Month and a serious go-getter. She is currently completing her dietetic internship and also has an AMAZING Youtube channel! Her videos feature everything from relevant nutrition tips to beauty secrets! We did a spotlight on Becca, check it out!

photo 1 (1).jpg

Who Is Becca?

Becca is a dietitian-in-training with a passion for nutrition and health, who also just so happens to be a serious makeup junkie/beauty enthusiast. She is super passionate about healthy living, and doing it with style and glamour. She is following both of her passions and figuring it out day by day, but that’s what keeps life interesting!

Over 2K Subscribers and Growing

Her YouTube channel—Becca Kay—is all about creating a space for her to explore her two passions. This idea was originally born with a blog, but she quickly realized she had a serious knack for filming and editing videos. Becca's channel is her way of expressing herself creatively while simultaneously connecting with and inspiring others.

photo (7).jpg

Her Philosophy: Balance

For Becca, depriving herself has never worked; she's not a fan of restriction. Becca sticks to the 80/20 rule when it comes to nutrition: good, wholesome food 80% of the time, and not-so-great but good-for-the-soul food the other 20% of the time.

photo 4 (1).jpg

Her Top 5 Favorite Beauty Secrets

1. Forget diamonds, brow products are a girl’s best friend. Filling in your brows completely defines and shapes the face! Stick with a cool-toned brown and fill them in lightly in the front and darker on the tail.

2. She loves using a light (think flesh-toned) eyeliner on the inner rims on her eyes; it makes them appear larger and instantly makes you look more awake! Her favorite is the NYX Wonder Pencil.

3. Although they may not be for everyone, she loves false lashes. Falsies just take any look to that next level and make the eyes stand out, in all the right ways.

4. Eyelash Curler—every girl needs a good one.

5. Last but certainly not least, SPF! Too many women completely forgo sunscreen or use it only seasonally, however most complaints of aging skin (wrinkles, loss of fullness, etc.) are directly caused by sun damage. Use it 365 days a year, and use enough!

The Best Piece Of Advice She Has Ever Received

Her Dad has always told her to find a way to wake up every morning and something you love, and make a career out of that. If one thing doesn’t work, go on to the next. Be resilient, always try new alleys, and follow every opportunity. You never know which one could be the one that leads you to your dream.

Her Advice To Other Bloggers/Vloggers

Whatever content you create, do it with love and do it consistently! Also, don’t put down your own ideas--we are all our own worst critics! If you think you have a good idea, capture it.

photo 5.jpg

Fun Facts About Becca

Favorite Youtuber: Alexandrea Garza

Favorite Food: Pizza

Favorite restaurant: Not Your Average Joe’s

Favorite book: Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah

Dream Vacation: Over-water bungalows in Bora Bora

Role Model: Lauren Conrad

Fashion Icon: Alyson Haley (blogger @ Sequins & Things)

Connect With Becca!

Instagram: @beccakaay

Twitter: @_beccakaay

bottom of page